Sunday, March 8, 2009

Yep, another Jacobism!

You've got to love this age, eh?! They just say and do the funniest things!

Myles took the kids out last week so I could have a rare moment of time alone AT HOME so I could get a few things done with zero distractions. (I am easily distracted!)

As they were sitting at the table eating, there were two older ladies sitting nearby that Jacob just had to talk to. He loves talking to anyone and treats everyone exactly the same way he treats me, like he's known them his whole life! It can be stressful at times! LOL! But he is very sweet too, so he easily makes friends.

So he started talking to these two ladies and told them his name. One of them asked him if he knew that Jacob is a name from the Bible. He said yes and then proceeded to tell them everyone's name in our family, including the dogs and turtle, but he left out the cats (Jonathan filled them in on the cats before they left...LOL).

As he was going through the names, his dialog went something like this:

"My name is Jacob." (then the bit about it being a Bible name) "We have two dogs named Rocket and Violet and a turtle named Noah." (then more about Noah being a Bible name) "My sister is Jayla, my brother is Jack," (he left out Jonathan at first until Jonathan reminded him!) "My daddy calls my mommy 'Honeybun'."

The two ladies just went ga-ga over him when he said that and one of them said, "Aw, I've got to have a hug. Can I have a hug?"

He gladly went to hug his new friend. :)

2 comments:

  1. Jacob is soooo sweet! I can't imagine where he gets it, Honeybun.




    lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the Honeybun bit - I actually laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.