Thursday, March 19, 2009

This world is not my home!

I know ya'll are gonna laugh. Go ahead. Hopefully I will by the time I'm done typing this out.

Jonathan broke our back windshield on our van. It's completely gone. Every last little piece of glass is either in the trunk or on the ground. Well, he swept it up, but it's getting pretty dark, so there may be some pieces left.

And just in time for the much needed rain.

On top of this big huge thing that is ongoing for our family, Jack has had several seizures, the cat dies and now this. I'm sure I've forgotten a few other things that have happened in the last few months. These are just the most recent.

All I have to say is that I am so glad this life is just temporary! This world is NOT my home, praise God!

And I do realize things could be much worse.....we are very blessed. VERY blessed!!!! But it's when something like this happens so unexpectedly, the day after Jack has a seizure and stops breathing, I just can't help but wonder how much more I can take!!!

Well, I'm not laughing, but I do feel blessed. We could really use a lot of prayer this week. Thanks, friends.

4 comments:

  1. Hey you could be like me and losing your home.Or maybe this will make you feel better.Starting two yrs ago:my dad died,our shop caught on fire,I had a really bad miscarriage that ended in me hemorrhaging,then Alyssa got tripped by the goat and broke her nose,Tony(my hubby)was suffering from cluster headaches and has been suffering w/hundreds of kidney stones since.All in just a few months after my dad dying.It was to the point we were saying what's going to happen this week.We had more than that happening but those are some that stick out in my mind at the moment.

    When it rains, it pours.I am so sorry you guys are going through some rough times.We have still had it rough on a weekly basis since my dad died so I am right there w/ya on the bad things happening to ya.And now we are losing our house.So at least you guys won't have to move.Right?!

    Prayers are being said for you.I am also glad this home is temporary.Can't wait for Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nicole, I'm so sorry! No, that doesn't make me feel better! :(

    I often think that God allows things to continually happen in our lives so that we can clearly see how much we need Him. That's not a bad thing. ;) It's a hard thing, but not bad at all.

    I will be praying for you guys. Let me know if there is ever anything we can help you with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how did he break it? that's what I want to know!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.