Friday, March 20, 2009

Update on Jack

A few of my friends/family have asked about Jack, so I thought this might be the easiest way to update! There isn't really much to update about, but I know people are wondering. We really appreciate all the thoughts and prayers!

He had an appointment yesterday afternoon. Basically they are getting the medical records from the hospital and they asked me all the questions about what happened and his medical history, allergies, etc. The nurse practitioner said that they will schedule the MRI and EEG and will give me a call. They would like to do them at the same time, and he may need to be sedated for the MRI. She said they will call me "within a couple of weeks". I was hoping it would be more like Monday, but oh well.

In the meantime we are keeping a very close eye on him and trying to keep his fever down. I'm not sure what he has. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but if he gets a fever, he could have another seizure, so we're just watching him closely. The test results will only take a day or two once he gets the tests done, so I will update again once we know something more. In the meantime, he's doing good for now. Thanks for the prayers!

1 comment:

  1. You know I was telling you about my friend Amy S. and her daughter having seizures.Well when they first started going to the drs,well she would be fine while the testing was going on and there for a while they thought Any was crazy for saying she was having seizures.The never could catch it.SO she ended up having to do some testing at a hospital in TX. for a week.The they finally saw some and they didn't even tell Amy sorry for not believing her.

    My point in saying that...I hope that they are able to see what's going on.Not that I hope they find anything but just hope that they don't think you're crazy like they did Amy.Well I guess you're hoping they do find something so you can know how to treat it.

    Since he is now running a fever do you think the seizures were related?Like when he had the fever and seizures before?

    Praying that you get some answers.

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.