Monday, March 9, 2009

Earthquake in Oklahoma?


Yep, we've had a few this year already! We had an earthquake just yesterday with a magnitude of 3.4! I was already awake and getting ready for church when this earthquake occurred. I didn't feel it, but something in our closet fell and made a loud noise. I noticed it because I was the only one up and wondered what it was, but I dismissed it because I thought maybe it was the cat. Oh, and it woke Myles up because it was loud. He told me later that he had heard a rumble but thought it may have been a thunder storm at the time. He thought I'd heard it too but I didn't remember it. I didn't realize it was an earthquake until later when I was reading my friend's blog (who was just 2 miles from the epicenter), and then I remembered that the cats had been outside when it happened!

So, even though we didn't realize what was going on at the time it happened, it was still exciting and scary at the same time! We will be learning a lot more about earthquakes today. Myles wants to be a part of it, so we'll wait for him to get home. Does anyone know of some great kids' sites about earth quakes? I'm sure California has a few good ones!

5 comments:

  1. Shelby from Church (who lives just down the street from me) told me about it! I don't see how I could have missed it! She said it felt like a truck had hit the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get tremors in TN several times a year. I only know what they feel like because I lived in Japan for a couple of years and they have earthquakes there. My dh grew up in CA so he knows about them too. I usually notice them when they happen at night and they make the bed tremble.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I was just getting ready to blog about it. And I was going to title the post "Unique Alarm Clock". Your friend stole my title!

    I am going to do it anyway so just think of it as flattery that I want to be like you =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - we haven't had any since our move to CA! and actually, we've been told that there hasn't been one in years "here"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol, Zimms Zoo, sorry....But, you are right it was a "Unique Alarm Clock"

    Thanks for making me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.