Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jack's EEG

We made it today! I thought I was going to have to reschedule again though because the little toot fell asleep while we were parking! The parking garage was full, so as I drove 'round and 'round looking for a place, he had finished his sucker and he fell asleep. Jayla did her best to wake him up, but he was long gone.

So then we checked in and just as we were about to head down the hall to start, he woke up. Go figure. He was still very sleepy though, so she was hoping to get him back to sleep. Nearly two hours later, she finally gave up.

She got some good readings though because he almost fell asleep a couple of times and was very still. She said there were a few things on the test that she thought might be abnormal. I guess that's sort of good AND bad news, because I don't want him to be abnormal at all, but if there is something wrong, I want to know what it is so we can know how to fix it, or at least manage it. The lady said it will probably be about two weeks before we get the results. (SIGH)


All bundled up and putting the "glue" on him.


Attaching the wires with cotton balls on top.



Wrapping the wires and cotton balls so they couldn't come loose!

He managed to get his arms free about three times! He did really well. I tried to let him cry hoping that he would go to sleep, but it was natural instinct for me to go to him when he was upset, so that was hard. I was next to him most of the time though, and he really didn't get upset much. You can tell in the pictures here that he was just looking around, not upset at all. He got tired of being tied down, but otherwise it didn't seem to bother him much.

Now that we are home, he is sleeping soundly right next to me. :) I hope we don't have to do this again, at least not for a long, long time. He did great though. Now for the MRI! They'll have to sedate him for that. :(

4 comments:

  1. Wow that looks like a to-do! I'm gload he did so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a little trooper he is! You are Mr.Incredible little Jack Jack! I know Ryan would not have been so still. I don't think I would've had any trouble getting him to cry. :-)~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to do that with Jonathan when he had seizures, course he was 6 weeks old not an active almost 2 year old!

    The MRI Jaden had to do and be sedated. Be prepared the med tastes horrible. I don't think that he got a bit of it down but I couldn't go with him because I was pg with Ash so Rob went and sat with him until he stopped screaming and went to sleep.
    If Jack takes meds well it may not be a problem, but Jade does not and even opted for the shot to get his front teeth pulled not too long ago rather than drink the med!!!! I know weird kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my - I hate waiting for such important news! hope they got enough to make an accurate assessment! poor little guy, he does look ok though - lol! I can't imagine trying to get such a small child to do that - props to you and good job Jack!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.