Thursday, March 26, 2009

Juice is awesome!!!!

I have a gallstone right now that has been giving me some trouble this past month or so. I couldn't figure out what it was at first because it was my neck, back and arm hurting, but a friend of mine suggested because of her similar symptoms and something she had read that it could be the gallbladder and I knew that was it. I know I have gallstones because just before Jack was born I diagnosed myself based on the symptoms I was having then (I love the internet!) and then had it confirmed via ultrasound. As the memories come back to me of that last couple of weeks of my pregnancy, I do not want to go through that again. So I have put myself on a juice fast!

Photobucket


Meet the Champion 2000. This is the juicer that I have, and I absolutely love it! My family (before I was married) had an older version of the Champion, and after we were married I bought an older version off of ebay. It was even older than the one my parents had, but I loved it just as much! This juicer is a work horse!

About two years ago, a couple at my parents' church GAVE me their almost-new Champion! My old one doesn't have a couple of the features on the newer one, specifically the safety feature where it will not turn on until it is all assembled (a must-have if kids will be juicing!), so I was so thrilled and honored that they wanted to give it to us!

Today my kids and I got the juicer out and made some REAL lemonade! This is my absolute favorite lemonade in the world! You just take 1/4 lemon and leave the peel on and four apples. Juice them up and drink! YUM!!!!! We also made some "oraple" juice, which is orange and apple. Jonathan came up with the name a few days ago. I had a sip of it and wanted more, but there was only enough for the kids to have about 6 ounces each.

Since I am on a juice fast this week, Myles is doing it with me and we are drinking several cups each day of the lemonade to hopefully dissolve that stone(s) and cleanse our bodies. I am LOVING this fresh, raw juice! It is so good and so nutritious!!!

And I am noticing a lot of energy and I am starting to feel better! Yea!

After this week I plan to eat high raw vegan (again). I want to do 100% raw, but I don't know if I could stick to it right now. So I'm just keepin' it real. :) I know from lots of past experience that this is so healthy and I feel better, lose weight, have tons of energy, etc. It's just hard to stick to it because healthy foods are not addicting like the junk most of us eat daily. Wouldn't it be cool if we had an uncontrollable craving for carrots or celery? Or how about broccoli? :)

4 comments:

  1. that would be so awesome - if instead of craving soda (which I have stuck to one a month, pretty much) and chips I craved apples and fruit (I know I wouldn't crave raw veggies, I just don't care for the raw veggies much - lol)! that's so awesome, I have a juicer that I RARELY use - mainly because it takes SO MUCH fruit/veggie to make the juice - but I love carrot/apple juice, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for a new juicer but I am real cautious ordering off the internet.I have had some bad experiences! Well anyways I have considered three different brands.I have friends that have at least one of these brands and they all say that each one is really great so I have been debating.

    Thanks for making me want my juicer NOW!LOL! I have had a juicer in the past and it was an off brand and it did not work for me at all.So Now I am more determined to save for my juicer!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.