Thursday, April 16, 2009

Optical Illusions


Don't ya love how I blog about so many different topics? :)

I love optical illusions. My kids do too, and since this blog is supposed to be about them, then there's the connection. Yeah, that's it.

But I especially love it when someone connects it with something spiritual. My friend, Chad, wrote this on his blog:

Take a look at the picture above. If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, the dots will remain only one color, pink. However, if you stare at the black cross in the center of the picture the dots turn green. Next, concentrate on the black cross in the center of the picture. After a short time all the pink dots will slowly disappear, and you will only see a single, green, rotating dot.

Weird, huh!? The evidence of God is all around us. The question is whether or not we’re looking. As a Believer in Jesus Christ the evidence of God should permeate our lives. Over time, as we grow closer to God, people shouldn’t have to look too hard to see it. Most people gaze at their problems and only glance at their Savior. Concentrate on the cross at the center of your life. Do you see how the evidence in your life changes when you gaze at the Savior and only glance at your problems.

The song says, “I once was lost, but now I’m found, was blind but now I see.” That’s the story of someone who has found their sweet spot. It’s the story of someone who has become the living proof of God in the world today.

3 comments:

  1. Totally awesome.I may put this on mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe how cool that illusion is. We saw it at a museum once.....i think in Gatlinburg.

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.