Thursday, April 23, 2009

Another snapshot moment

When I didn't have my camera last weekend, I was trying to remember "snapshot moments" that I could describe and remember that way, even though I wasn't able to capture the image on my camera or video. I remembered one other thing I wanted to record here from when we were all outside last weekend.

I might have gotten this on video if I had time to set it up. Probably not, but humor me.

Imagine Jayla and Jacob working on their bug home in that old, rusty feed trough. The weeds are tall all over the yard. Bugs are abundant. Wildflowers are scattered everywhere. It is a beautiful sunny day. Then Jacob, who loves flowers and picking them and also loves to give gifts, picked a wildflower and gave it to his sister and kissed her on the cheek! Jayla then was very excited that he had done something so sweet that she yelled it to me across the yard. Then Jacob did the same thing for me. :)

See, we have sort of a rule in our family that when the kids give me flowers, they have to give me a kiss on the cheek for EACH flower they give me. Sometimes that is quite a lot of kisses! Even Jonathan still does this. I love it so much! :) Which is exactly why I made up that rule when he was very young! Ha! Am I smart or am I smart?!

2 comments:

  1. you ARE smart - that's a great, and cute, idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good rule! I should also enforce that one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.