Thursday, April 9, 2009

End times outline

This is a brief outline of the end times, from the eschatology retreat last weekend.

Note: Things shown grouped take place within the same period.

1. In The Time Of The End:
  • Man's ability to travel and his knowledge will be greatly increased.
  • The end time prophecies of Daniel will be understood by the wise.
2. Spiritual Conditions Will Deteriorate
  • Social morals will decay
  • Churches will lose their values
  • Church leaders will become men pleasers
3. The Beginning Of Sorrows Will Produce:
  • False prophets
  • Wars and rumors of wars
  • Natural disasters which cause famine
4. Signs Of The Coming Great Tribulation
  • The building of the temple at Jerusalem
  • The daily temple offerings will begin
  • The church will be called to a wilderness refuge
  • The antichrist will be revealed
5. In the "Great Tribulation"
  • The temple sacrifice will be stopped
  • The image of the beast will be given life
  • The unredeemed will be marked
  • The unmarked (saints) will be unable to buy or sell
  • Saints who refuse to worship the beast or his image and refuse to be marked will be slain
  • God will harass those who persecute the saints with seven trumpet judgements
  • Two prophets of God will harass God's enemies but will ultimately be slain and resurrected at the coming of Christ
6. Immediately After The Tribulation:
  • The sun and moon will be darkened and the stars will cease to shine
  • Christ will return for His church. The graves will give up the dead in Christ and the living saints will depart from the earth
  • The angels of Christ will gather the saints together
7. Celebration and Vindication by:
  • The marriage supper of the Lamb
  • The saints receiving new eternal bodies
  • The wrath of God being poured out in seven vials upon the unredeemed of the earth
8. The Wrath Of The Lamb Will Fall Upon:
  • The world's armies at Armageddon
  • The unredeemed remnant of earth
  • The beast and false prophet
9. Christ's Millennial Kingdom Will Be Established When:
  • All of God's enemies are put down
  • Christ is anointed King and reigns over the earth for 1,000 years
  • Satan is bound for the same millennial (1,000 year) period
  • The saints of God inherit the kingdom
10. The Final Conflict Occurs And Ends When:
  • Satan is set free
  • Satan goes out, with Gog and Magog, attempting to destroy the saints
  • Fire from God devours Gog and Magog
  • Satan is cast into the lake of fire and brimstone
11. When The Books At The Great White Throne Judgment Are Opened:
  • The Lamb's book is opened
  • The dead are resurrected and judged out of the books by their works
  • Death and hell are cast into the lake of fire
  • Those whose names are not recorded in the Lamb's book of life are cast into the lake of fire
12. All Things Are Made New When:
  • The first heaven and first earth pass away and the sea is no more
  • The new holy city of Jerusalem comes down out of heaven prepared as a bride

4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you posted this timeline. It's very easy to understand and put into perspective. Some that I have read are just all together confusing. I have been facinated with 'End Times' since I was a kid & can't believe I'm here during these times. I think it's awesome the thought of being taken up in the rapture!!!
    I am in the process of reading Left Behind and boy am I doing my best to make sure I am NOT one of the ones who is Left Behind. It's just a book and it's pretty scary can you imagine what the real deal will be like?
    No presence of G*d, & we think people are crazy now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany, I promise I didn't write my next blog entry because of your comment. :) I totally believed in the rapture my whole life until I read for myself, as the Holy Spirit revealed the truth to me, just 3 months ago!

    I'll be posting more about our eschatology retreat that will include more about what part we will play as Christians. It will be a hard time, but there is no need to fear. God will protect us if we follow His word. Just study and pray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. = ) lol....I just saw the title... I believe you = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once I made a time line like that, very similar. Then I wrote a novel around it. Check out my free e-book Walkabout: The History of a Brief Century.

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.