Monday, April 6, 2009

Keeping boys intact

This is something else I am passionate about, but again, not something I necessarily "promote". And our history here, of our three boys.....#1 was circ'd out of ignorance and all the males in both our families were circ'd. We didn't even consider NOT doing it. #2 was circ'd against my wishes. I had to leave because of his screaming. It still haunts me to this day. I still get teary-eyed thinking about that whole process! #3, as you can guess, is not circ'd, neither will any future boys we may have. There is simply no medical, religious or any other reason it is necessary. Should a problem (which is rare) come up in the future, it can be done at that time, if needed. And nearly half males in America are not circ'd now, so the "lockerroom" excuse doesn't hold water!

Say no to circumcision!

2 comments:

  1. I myself am praying about this.My first boy is circ'd but like you everyone else did it.The only thing was my dad wasn't and he always said don't do it, don't do it.I really didn't get it.I was always scared of cleaning and infections so I was always scared of it.I know I can take care of it now but I am just praying about it.I have not raised the issue to my hubby yet b/c he did not want to know the sex of the baby so he doesn't know we are having a boy yet.I still am having a hard time not saying things like he won't stop kicking me.So keep me in your prayers about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure our sons will appreciate us sharing such details - lol - they'll likely never know??? Mine are, and I think I always would - just my choice on this subject!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.