Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Concern and prayer request


I am a little concerned about Jack, not just his slow/late walking, but I think he has underlying issues that have not been caught yet. I've noticed that he seems to stop breathing for short periods of time when he sleeps, so I'm going to ask the doctor to test him for apnea. I've only noticed it the last few days though, so I'm wondering if it's either because he has a cold right now or if maybe the last seizure did something.

I don't mind at all that he is behind or slower than most, etc. I'm just worried that there is more to it than just being a "late walker". Having all these hidden issues, even though they may not be huge, life-threatening things, is almost worse still because I don't know what is wrong, how bad each "issue" is or how many more we have not discovered yet!

So please continue to pray for our little man. He's doing great at the moment....asking for some Girl Scout cookies we have left. He settled for his water. :) Thanks again, and I will update as soon as we find out anything about his tests!

6 comments:

  1. it may be sleep apnea. i know rob has it bad and scares me going through the "motions" of breathing but not actually breathing for sometimes a minute or more at a time!
    I hope you find out what else is wrong with him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying for Jack Jack. He's such a sweet, special guy. LMK if there is anything I can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you too.I think apnea is scary too.My mom has it,I have it,and my oldest two kids have it.I pray every night for everyone to wake in the morning.I am always scared that one of us will stop breathing in the night and not breathe again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my dad has sleep apnea! hopefully it's all nothing and just Jack being Jack! I didn't think he was that late walking? anyway, I'll be thinking and praying for him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friend's daughter did that when she slept. She had some other issues, too, like allergies and stuff. They finally identified the problem with her tonsils. They were HUGE even when not infected. They sometimes actually TOUCHED when she was fighting something. After agonizing over it and getting second and third opinons from naturopaths and chiropractors she agreed to have her daughters tonsils removed.

    Problem solved. The girl now sleeps soundly without the interrupted breathing that was so disconcerting.

    Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thanks! I hadn't considered the tonsils as a culprit! I'll cut the dairy out and if that doesn't help, we'll see what the doc says. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.