Saturday, December 13, 2008

Turning blogs into books?

Has anyone ever actually turned their blog into a book? I've been considering this for a while, and after a recent discussion in my homeschool group, I am seriously considering doing this! I usually put all my favorite pictures on my blog, same as scrapbooking, so it would be cheaper and faster than printing all the pictures out and putting them in a scrapbook. I am so far behind on scrapbooking too! It's killing me!

This is one site that was mentioned to use for turning your blog into a book. It looks really great! Does anyone have any other sites to recommend?

My original blog (unschooling101 - I don't want to link to it directly, but you can look it up by that name) that was started long ago, it seems, is just sitting there, waiting for me to do something with it. I have been wanting to transfer everything to one blog. So I think over the next few weeks (or months!) I will transfer everything here. So even if I backdate them, if you are subscribed through email, you will be getting a lot of *old* posts from me. :) I think you'll enjoy them if you've never seen my original blog. I tried to do some interesting activities and lots of pictures. I have pictures of our hula hoops on there!

We've been busy this week and will be again today and tomorrow, so I will have lots to post with pictures when I get a chance!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't done it, but I REALLY want to! It would like like family year books! You'd get everything from our best pictures and activities, to what was going on in the world at the time, theology, political thoughts, etc. How great a keepsake that would be for the children someday, huh?!

    If you do it let me know how it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty new tot he whole blogging thing, so I haven't even HEARD of this! Too cool!

    I look forward to reading more awesome stuff on this blog...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is from awhile ago -- I'm catching up on my reading. :)

    We used MyPublisher http://www.mypublisher.com/ for a photo book of our baby's first year. I don't know how much writing you'd put in your book, if it's an entire blog, but it looks like their "Storyteller" style at least allows for a lot of text.

    We liked it because the downloaded software was easy to use, and the print and binding quality were really professional looking.

    A friend of mine just published a poetry and photography book on lulu.com, so you could look there, too. It seemed a little more complicated, software-wise, but she got it figured out! Her book is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.