Saturday, December 13, 2008

Train show

Last weekend we went to the train show. We mainly went for Jacob, but we all had a good time. I don't think I've been to one before. I loved all the model trains all throughout the building! I can totally see Jacob doing this as a hobby when he is older, or perhaps even selling them himself in his own little hobby shop. He even told me that when he gets bigger he is going to buy such-and-such, and a couple of times he would wave over the whole table and say he was going to buy them all. :) He is certainly good at building things and has a great imagination and a lot of patience to go with it, so I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Jayla and Jacob each got an Engineer's hat (Jonathan was too old for one, I guess), and they also played a train simulation game where they got to drive the train. It was just a Microsoft game on someone's computer, but it looked pretty cool. He even had a console with operating switches and levers, and they could (had to at times) blow the horn. Fun!

There was also a play area, but it was a little crowded, so we didn't spend much time there. My favorite display was the Lego train tracks! Click on the images to enlarge and look at the detail. They are made completely out of Legos!















3 comments:

  1. How fun! I bet my guy would LOVE that! ESPECIALLY the Legos! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandpa built a shed in his backyard just for his model train set he designed. It wasn't huge but my brother and i loved it. We would go out there in the winter and turn on the little space heater and spend hours playing with it.


    I bet he loved the show a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so neat - my little one would go nuts! I totally love the lego one - awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.