Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Oatmeal

We have oatmeal for breakfast a lot because it is cheap and healthy. I just made oatmeal in the crock pot! It was very yummy and so easy! I will definitely be making this often. It also stretches farther than cooking it in the microwave or on the stove.

I just used Old Fashioned Oats, since that is what I had on hand. The directions on the carton say to use 2 parts water to one part oats, but for the crock pot I used 3 parts water. So I used 2 cups of oats and 6 cups of water. Then I threw in some maple syrup and brown sugar (I know, real healthy, right?) and turned it on low for about 6 hours (I was up late). It is perfect!

Jacob woke up and gave me his usual "Mommy, I'm hungry!", and I was able to just go in and scoop him out some. He had breakfast within a minute of telling me he's hungry!

And the verdict: everyone loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.