Monday, December 8, 2008

Loops & Hoops

If you were intrigued by the recent post about finger weaving with nylon loops to make jump ropes, bracelets, belts, etc. then you might be interested in this book. This is the sister company for Hobby Lobby, so that is where you can purchase this IRL. I found the same book on Amazon for $8 and another site for nearly $5, so this is a great deal!

I am going to get this for my kiddos for Christmas along with a couple more big bags of nylon loops, and maybe some cotton ones as well. They love using them, and I don't have to worry about anything getting smashed into the carpet or staining anyone's clothes! We may even get some loops this week and work on jump ropes for gifts for friends. We made hula hoops last year, and they were a big hit and so easy! We still have some of the materials left, so maybe we'll do more of those again soon. I'll be sure to post pictures if we do!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Do you know what a bad influance you are on me? I bought loops and another loom the other night after seeing your blog. We used to have those when we were little and only knew about potholders! Imagine my surprise when I find out there is more to them than potholder making!

    Love Love Love going to Hobby Lobby! As a matter of fact I'm usually grounded.
    Rob did not see the awesome deal in 10 yards of leopard fur for 55.00! Jeesh

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea! I love things that promote creative thinking and can't get broken easily or forgotten about in 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in the doc's office yesterday I was looking through a Family Fun magazine and and there was an article about this. But they showed how to cut up old socks and tights to make the loops. I think that we might try this this afternoon.

    I plan on posting the instructions on my blog and linking back to yours.

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.