Monday, December 8, 2008

Prayers please?

Have you ever had those days when you think you just can't take any more bad news or anything negative in your life?

Our whole year has been like that. Well, mostly the past 6 months. I just keep thinking, "God, how strong do You think I am? I can't possible bear any more burdens, and I have no more tears to cry!"

The good news is that God carries our burdens for us, and He walks us through the darkest times in our lives.

I have thought a lot lately about the poem called Footprints. I have loved that poem ever since I can remember.

"One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."


But it is still hard. Please pray for us. It's been a very emotionally draining year.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Cindy, we have had one of those years as well. I am exhausted and SO ready for a new year, a fresh start. Prayers for you and your beautiful family...and if you don't mind, we could certainly use some prayers as well. Keep us updated as to how we can pray!

    Be well and be blessed,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got 'em, Misty! Thank you both, and others who may not have commented! I am much better today after a very long nap, but it doesn't change circumstances. Wouldn't that be awesome if it did? I'd be sleeping all the time! LOL!

    This stuff is going to be ongoing for many more months and possibly years, but if we can just get through these next couple of things SOON and make it through Christmas, life will at least *seem* so much easier.

    Thanks for the continued prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I had a total tantrum with the Lord a few months back. I couldn't feel Him, hear Him, or see Him. I felt alone and like I was a total D-list Christian.

    The good thing is that we may as well be honest with God. He knows our thoughts and the intent of our heart anyway. So, I just let Him have it. And He showed up.

    Mighty good thing, too.

    I blogged about it:

    http://gombojav.blogspot.com/2008/10/lovely-weekend.html

    {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful that you are one of the many who realize, as hard as it is at times, that God IS with us and never leaves us! I'll keep your family in my prayers and hope that all works out to glorify God.

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.