Wednesday, December 10, 2008

8 Random Things meme

I've been tagged by Christy! So, 8 random things about myself. Let's see.
  1. I am not a picky eater, but I cannot STAND vinegar! If it is covered up with a lot of sugar, I might like it, but if I can tell that there is vinegar in it, BLECH! I've tried to make myself like it before because I know there are health benefits, but I just can't take it! YUCK!
  2. I've only had two cups of coffee in my entire life. The first was with my friend Sara on the plane to Brazil when I was 15. The second was with the same Sara just this past September on vacation. :) I'm thinking I need some more coffee, so she needs to come for a visit soon!
  3. I have been to/through 20 different states and out of the country once, but I have never been west of Oklahoma.
  4. I just took my very first train ride earlier this year! And so did all four of my kids, each at different times. Jacob went to visit my brother and his family in Texas back in May with my parents, I went with Jack to pick up Jayla in August and then Jayla rode back with us, then Jonathan took a trip with my mom a few weeks ago. Myles has ridden a train in Mexico before, but it was nothing like the Amtrak that we rode on!
  5. I can play the flute, but I never really enjoyed it much. There was one church orchestra that was a blast to be in (because of the people), but otherwise I really only enjoyed marching band. And we were AWESOME too!
  6. I'm not really sure why we moved around a lot, but I can count a total of (that I know of/remember) 11 different houses, at least 5 different churches and 4 different schools before I was 18 years old. And because of this, at least in part, I accept change pretty well but I have a hard time being content! We have been in this same house for over 9 years now, the longest I've ever been in one place, and I was ready to leave about 7 years ago! Myles is the opposite.
  7. I love cob houses and underground houses and want to build one of these someday and actually live in it! I would love to own a whole section of land (640 acres, which is one square mile) with ponds and a creek and have my kids raise their own families on the same land someday. :) I would love a cob community. How cool would that be?! We could meet together for church each week (or every day!), have our own water and power system and of course have a community garden. Our children would take care of us and also each other, then the next generation and so on....In a perfect world.
  8. I was in Kung Fu in high school (it was a ministry team, and the same Sara I had coffee with was also on this team) for two years. I earned my second sash before we moved away. In my college years I took Tae Kwon Do for two years and earned my 2nd belt. A couple of years ago I was in Karate for several months and, even at my age and weight and general lack of "being in shape", earned my 2nd belt.....and then I got pregnant again. I haven't been back in it since then, but I totally love the martial arts and plan to get back into it when I can!

Okay, that's 8 things! I bet Sara, who I hadn't seen in 17 years before September, probably knew more of these things than anyone else in my current circles. So I'd better tag her. :) So here are the eight:

Sara
Christina
Misty
Laura
Hobo Mama
Paula
Bethany
Sasha

Wow, that was hard to pick eight because several of my blogging friends have already done this! I look forward to reading these! :)

3 comments:

  1. oh sure - now I have to blog eight things! lol - I'm just givin ya a hard time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading your list! :) I would have picked you first, but since your blog is private, I only picked you because I ran out of other people who hadn't done this yet. LOL! I'm anxious to read yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry!! Your email that I was tagged ended up in my junk folder. Thanks Cindy! I will do this tonight and post it up!!! And thanks for the Christmas wishes! I am glad you had a nice Christmas too!!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.