Friday, December 5, 2008

A fun moment in our day

Jonathan and Jayla were cleaning a bit ago. Jonathan came up with a game to make it more fun. I have absolutely no problem with them playing a game as long as they are getting something done (because I simply cannot do it all by myself), so if it works and does not take them away from helping out, then I am happy that they find things to make it more fun for them.

So they took their jump ropes that we recently made and started jumping. They do hot pepper jumps for as many times as they can. Whatever number they reach, that is how many items they pick up and put away. So Jonathan jumped 9 times then picked up 9 toys. Jayla jumped 12 times and picked up 12 toys. Sometimes they only jumped 3 and other times they got as high as 20, or close to it.

I have to admit that I thought they would get distracted, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that they had almost the entire room cleaned in about 3 or 4 minutes! I am proud of them. :) I never had to go help them and they actually enjoyed cleaning!

Jonathan has even volunteered to do the dishes twice this week! I think he was actually trying to get out of cleaning his room, but hey, I'll trade him any day! LOL!

They are getting very good about helping me out more, and the house reflects it! It is not completely clean (the entire house) very often, but it is very close at some point every day, and it honestly would not happen without their help. Jacob is a good helper too! He loves to vacuum. Jayla loves to dust and help with laundry. Our house is far from "pretty", but at least it's getting and staying somewhat clean these days! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.