Saturday, May 16, 2009

I'm back!

Oh, my goodness! FarmTown on Facebook has taken over my life!!! Why in the world did I start playing that game?! I miss blogging and am getting so far behind!!!

I mentioned a few weeks ago that there were fires nearby and hundreds of homes were lost. Well, Myles had taken several pictures, so I thought I'd post a few.

My good friend Alison (she is "Ali B" on FarmTown, hehe).....her mom lives just south of here. It got her yard and back fence, but her house is fine! However, there was a lot of smoke damage, and the house behind her and the one a couple of doors down are gone. This was some scary stuff with such high winds! Praise be to God that no one died!!!!!!

This was just 1/2 mile or so south of our house!

Lots of gawkers, including my husband! He is probably in someone else's pictures from that day.

There were at least two spots on fire in this picture. It burned just at this one location for at least a couple of hours while it was continue to spread fast for miles!

They set up a mobile station here. I'm sure there were lots of volunteers handing out water to the hot and exhausted fire fighters and other emergency workers!

This picture just cracks me up!
It was so dry and extremely windy, so the fire fighters had a really tough job, and they did it so well. The very next day it rained and there was almost no wind! And since then (well, this month anyway) it has rained nearly every day and it is very wet here now. Go figure.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it is defiantly a night I won't ever forget. Driving down 23rd street, seeing all the people coming off of side roads with there trailers loaded with their things. Praying they wouldn't loose their houses. And, driving through the smoke. And, also all the people just parked on the sides of the roads, all talking to each other, all frightened, all waiting to be able to get back down the road to see if their house will still be there. It was so sad!
    I want to start blogging again, it is just I haven't been in the mood. Maybe the mood will hit me again soon! LOL, Farm Town is great!!!! We just have to limit ourselves. I love meeting people from all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the experience I have had on the addiction of game apps on myspace I have totally limited myself to playing.I am moving up also on farm town but trying not to get too addicted.BTW how many levels are in that game? Anyone know? What happens when we get to the last level?! LOL!

    As for the fires that was horrible.I had many friends who had to pack but only to find that God had safely kept their homes.Also a big thanks to my BIL who helped in fighting the fires.He is a chief for one of the OKC fire departments.Glad all of you guys were safe in all that chaos!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.