Sunday, May 31, 2009

Couponing


I had this brilliant idea this morning and wonder why I hadn't thought about it before! I don't remember what I was dreaming about, but I woke up this morning with a new idea for Jayla. I know she will love it!

I've been saying for a long time now that I want/need to get into couponing because it saves so much money and we'll always have food. One of my good friends IRL has a huge stock and gets much of it for free or very cheap! So my idea that I apparently thought of in my sleep.....I'm going to teach Jayla how to coupon! The whole nine yards!

She is not very good at reading yet, so to start with she will mostly just be clipping the coupons for me. She will have a blast doing that! I can teach her how to organize them pretty easily. (This will help her with reading too!) Then once she gets that down, I'll teach her how to look through all the store ads that come in the paper. Eventually I'll have her check various web sites and blogs. I'm sure her brothers will help some too, but this is something that I can really see her loving and being very good at! She will learn how to manage finances, make menus for the week, all kinds of things!

Anyway, just wanted to share. Why didn't I think of this before, having her do it???

3 comments:

  1. Hey have you ever heard of http://www.e-mealz.com/ This is really neat to. It is recommended by Dave Ramsey(I'm a big fan)It does cost $1.25/wk but it sure helps simplify life. I just don't have the time to do it all right now and you can still use your coupons to save even more. That way you can recoup the $1.25/wk cost and free up your time. They have regular family meal plans, low carb, low fat, points system and VEGETARIAN. Yeah

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great idea! I've become a mild couponer - I buy the paper every sunday and clip them and use as many as possible when shopping ... I was doing the grocery game, but didn't want to do something I had to pay for - plus, to go to the stores on there is a drive! This works though and still saves plenty of money for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds Great! I know she will love it, the girls love to help me!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.