Friday, February 20, 2009

New gadgets

Uncle Sam has been good to us this year! (Totally being sarcastic there!) With our tax refund we are finally paying off some long overdue credit cards and still had some left over for some new gadgets! We are really high tech now! :)

We have only had one family computer in the almost 10 years we've been married, and "Big Bertha" is now 8 years old. That is ancient in computer years! It only has 100 or so MB of RAM and 40 GB hard drive. It was top of the line back then and with the upgrades to the monitor and printer, it all came to nearly $2000!!! Ouch! So, I FINALLY bought me a new laptop! I feel like I got a great deal at $450! It has 2 GB RAM, 250 GB hard drive and a dual processor as well as lots of ports my desktop didn't even have room for. It seems to have a good video card as well, and I am totally LOVING getting online via wireless anywhere in our house! (Oh, that's another new thing we bought....a wireless router, on sale!) I had no idea our high-speed connection was so fast! LOL! I have also really taken advantage of the many places nearby with free Wi-fi! :) Here is the one I decided on. I have already downloaded several things I wanted and deleted several I don't, plus I have installed Linux. It gives me the choice every time I turn the computer on whether I want to boot up in Windows or Linux! I love it! :)

A few days before the laptop, we bought a new Wii!! :) "Wii" have had so much fun with it! (Myles settled on the Wii game system since it is more family-friendly, but he has taken over may laptop many times for the war/action games.) My bff Chrys found this Mii similator that someone created. Very cute, and very much like the Mii Creator on the Wii system! So the games we have so far are Wii Sports (came with it) that has Tennis, Golf, Baseball, Bowling (Jayla is very good at this game!) and Boxing (one of their favs). We also bought an extra control that came with Wii Play that has more sports games, plus MySims Kingdom and Big Brain Academy. We are having so much fun with it. Not only do I appreciate that nearly every single game is kid-friendly, but most of them encourage movement (though I have figured out how to get around that.....it's all in the wrist! LOL).

Since we have been going to Best Buy so much these last few days, we ended up buying these mp3 players too! We are really liking them. I got the red, Myles the blue. Their web site says they are on sale for $80-ish, but we actually paid $10 less! Nice!

Now for a place to hold everything.....I got this backpack, which has a pocket for everything including my water bottle, camera, Bible and more. It even has a key clip! So even though I didn't want to pay this much ($70) and would have preferred a more attractive color (they only had the grey), I am very happy with my choice. Oh, and it comes with a lifetime warranty! How cool is that?!

While I'm at it, some other recent purchases we have made that were not at all related to a tax refund were some stainless steel Thermos water bottles! We have used them a couple of times for hot chocolate, and I'm telling you, my hot chocolate stayed pretty hot for nearly 3 hours! I love these things! Here are the ones we chose.

Myles' bottle This was actually the one I chose for myself, but Myles took it over and made me get another one.
My bottle I like this but it is smaller than my original. :(
Jonathan's bottle Same size as mine, and he especially loves the clip.
Jayla's bottle Hers is a much lighter blue than pictured.
Jacob's bottle Cape not included.
Jack's bottle This one shows the top open (second picture at top). Myles and Jonathan are the only ones who do not have straws in theirs.

Well, I was going to blog some more, but this one took forever, so it will have to wait. I will blog more about vacation soon, and I still have pictures from December through February to blog about! I'll get caught up again now that I have a new "toy" and a faster connection speed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.