Friday, February 20, 2009

The Golden Rule


Luke 6:31 (New International Version)
"Do to others as you would have them do to you."

I guess this could be categorized as a Jonathanism. He was being selfish and not very nice to his sister, so Daddy just gave him (again) the "Golden Rule lecture" about how he should treat others. He made a point to read it from the Bible this time. He read it in context with the verses around it. Here is the passage....He read from the English Standard Version:

27 "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you. 29 To one who strikes you on the cheek, offer the other also, and from one who takes away your cloak do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back. 31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them. (quote continues)

So then Jonathan turns it around and says, "Well, I beg you for chocolate all the time, so you should give it to me!"

*SIGH* Maybe he'll learn someday?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like he might be too smart for YOUR own good! LOL! Mine is, too...oh my goodness that was great! I love following along on your blog. And you are certainly not unlikeable - I liked you from the get-go! I think you and I might also have a lot in common because I have a tendency to turn people off as well. Oh well...I think I have a true friend now (two in fact) and I am greatly blessed...as are you.

    Still praying for a #2...but I am hopeful that if it is God's will He will provide another baby for us soon. We are just starting to ask for prayer from friends and family, so this may be the turning point. If you think of me, I certainly covet your prayers as well.

    Can't wait to read more Jonathanisms! He cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo funny! (I know it doesn't seem like it to you, now- but trust me- it is.) It's such a pleasure to be able to watch Jonathan grow in strength and wisdom. I'm confident that he will become all you want him to be.

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.