Wednesday, February 18, 2009

47 Things meme from Facebook

I don't usually do all the memes that go around on Facebook, but I succumbed to this one. (sigh) So here ya go. Some of these questions are really silly, of course, but some are good. Enjoy! And if you put this on your blog (because everyone who reads this is tagged!), leave the link here so I can read yours too!

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Not that I know of, but my real name is Lucinda. My mom and I have the same initials (or had, before I was married), and my 3 brothers and dad have the same initials. It worked out that my nickname starts with the same letter as all the guys!

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Probably yesterday. Life is tough right now. The LORD gives and the LORD takes away. Blessed be the name of the LORD! I'll leave this world the same way I came (with nothing), so we are still VERY blessed! :)

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Um, sure. It's not great, but it's legible.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I'm a vegetarian. Myles is the only one in this family that eats meat now. I think ham is his favorite. (YUCK)

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
We have been blessed with four beautiful children so far. We would love another girl but will be happy with any more.....or no more, as God chooses the size of our family!

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU
Probably not just because I am such a non-conformist. I tend to offend others easily simply because of my lifestyle choices, but I like my personality! :) :) :)

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Never.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Not now but I have before. I loved it, but after having kids, my body chemistry has changed big time. I just have no desire to plunge toward the ground from 100' in the air with only a big puff of air to catch me (and it had a chalk outline of a body on the top of it).

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I don't eat cereal much, but I like Grape Nuts and granola cereals.....maybe because I'm "crunchy" too? LOL!

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
No

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
frozen

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
The face. Not really one specific thing, just the face and some kind of emotion.

15. RED OR PINK?
Red, I am not a big fan of pink.

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My lack of discipline in certain areas of life!

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
My grandpa, Mom's dad, who died when I was just 13. I always wished I could have had more time with him. He was incredible.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
Um, if they want.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Who makes these things up?

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
My daughter sitting next to me singing. She's being silly. :)

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Probably either green, blue or brown. All of the colors are found in nature, but these are the most common and don't stand out much. Oddly enough, I don't like to stand out even though I am a non-conformist! Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? LOL! I guess I like to be my own person and think for myself, but I don't like attention drawn to me......it just tends to happen. (sigh)

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Fresh flowers! I love the smell of wildflowers still growing in the field. :)

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My sister-in-law, Kathy.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU
Definitely, and I haven't seen her in years so I miss her dearly!

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Definitely NOT football, basketball, hockey, baseball......because everyone else likes those. LOL! I don't really like to watch sports very much. I'd rather be playing, but I am so out of shape right now.

27. HAIR COLOR?
Dark blond

28. EYE COLOR?
blue

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
No

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Just about anything. I'm not too picky, but I do HATE vinegar.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I don't like scary movies. Suspense I can handle, but not the creepy stuff. Happy endings it is!

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Time Changer and Fireproof.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Who really cares?

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
In the summer I prefer winter, and in the winter (now) I prefer summer. :)

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs, but kisses are great too!

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Someone.

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Someone else.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
The Bible, 20 Signs of a Healthy Church (I think that's the name), Still Growing (Kirk Cameron), Desiring God.....I like to read but usually don't have much time. When I do I usually like fiction books like Frank Peretti, but I just happen to be reading some really great non-fiction books right now. I recommend them all, especially that first one! :)

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
People still use these? I just put the mouse on the desk and create scratches all over it!

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
I didn't. I don't watch much TV. There's nothing worth watching!

42. FAVORITE SOUND(S).
A baby "talking" to someone, wind chimes, a gentle breeze blowing over tall grass/wheat, my kids playing nicely together, people praising God together.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Is it a law that everyone must like one of these groups? I don't like this kind of music, so neither for me!

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Brasil. I went with my youth group on a 2 week mission trip when I was 15. What's really cool is that I lived in VA at the time, and years later I found out that Myles went to Brasil the same year as me, only two weeks later, from Oklahoma! How cool is that? :)

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can make my chin move like a frog's!

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Muskogee, OK

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
Anyone who takes the time to fill it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.