Friday, February 27, 2009

I guess it's finally our turn!

Ugh! I've been up four times now with sick kids, having to clean up vomit and finding another place for them to sleep and blankets and pillows to use. We're running out of all of the above!

First Jonathan came in our room, I guess to tell us he was feeling sick, but he didn't make it in time. We woke up to that horrible sound and smell, but at least he didn't get anything on our bed. Yea.

Next it was Jacob's turn. He tried to get in bed with us after that, but we sent him to the couch instead.

The next thing I know, I awoke to the sound, again, and discovered Jacob was in our bed! Fortunately it didn't get all over the place, but I had to move Jack over next to Daddy and I am having to sleep on the recliner. I gave Jacob a quick bath and some new clothes and blankets and put him back on the couch.

So then Jacob was really thirsty (I would be too!), so who knows how much water he drank right before it all came back up! So up again, and now he is sleeping on the floor.

I have a LOT of washing to do tomorrow.

The thing about this though is that I'm 99.9% sure it is not a stomach virus like many have been getting. I'm pretty sure it was what they ate right before bed because they were the only ones who had some. They both ate broccoli with ranch dressing, and let's just say there was plenty of evidence to point to that as the culprit! YUCK! So maybe it was bad and I didn't realize it, but I'm not sure if it was the broccoli or the ranch. I guess they both get tossed!

But anyway, now that I have grossed everyone out, I'm going to try once again to go back to sleep. Jacob said he was hungry and thirsty, but I told him he couldn't have anything right now or he'll throw it up again. He just said,"Oh." :) Maybe it's a good sign that he wants something, but I am not taking a chance again! I want at least a couple hours of uninterrupted sleep tonight before I spend all day doing laundry!

4 comments:

  1. ew and ooh. I hope you're right and it was just something they ate- I'd hate for you all to come down with it! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lion Cub was the only one that got it at first and I thought that it was something that he ate (because he had a special treat with someone else) but then a couple of days later it started with everyone else.

    I really hope they are the only ones who get it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor babies...we just went through that not too long ago with Kiddo...and even more recently with the dog. Yeah - that was fun! Prayers that your babies will be well soon...and that you'll manage to catch up on your sleep tonight! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't want a turn. We'll take a pass.

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.