Friday, October 31, 2008

Kids' jokes

Jacob has been trying to keep up with his siblings in joke telling. Keep in mind he is all boy with an older brother! One of our family favorites (from a Rescue Hero cartoon) is "Hey, what's that under there?", and then when someone says "Under where?" we say, "Ha! I made you say underwear!" It's great! LOL! This one got it started this morning in the van:

Jacob:Mommy, I have a joke for you. Knock, knock!
Mommy:Who's there?
Jacob:Toot
Mommy:Toot who?
Jacob:TOOT! (then pretends like he is tooting......ha ha, hilarious)

Then, thinking I would introduce him to the classic "Why did the chicken cross the road" joke, I asked him and got this answer:
Jacob:Because he got runned over by a car! (much laughter)

Jayla:
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to its chicklings!

Mommy: But Jayla, they're called "chicks"
Jayla: I know, but I'm trying to make it funnier!
Mommy:Oh. Ha ha.

Jayla:
Why did the moose cross the road?
To get to its mooselings!

Why did the car cross the road?
To get to its carlings!

Why did the cat cross the road?
To get to its catlings!

Why did the smiley face cross the road?
To get to its smiley facelings!

Jayla: Why did the crow cross the road?
Mommy: To get to its crowlings?
Jayla: Oh, I didn't even think about that! No, to get the worm on the other side of the road!

Jayla:
Why did Jayla cross the road?
To get to my Jack Jack! (arms open wide....very sweet)

Jayla:Knock, knock!
Mommy:Who's there?
Jayla:Woo
Mommy:Woo who?
Jayla:I made you say 'woo hoo'!

1 comment:

  1. lol - good times you're having there with your blessings! I hope we always treasure these days with them as they're "little" - I hate the thought of having a house full of teenagers who ignore me, I pray that God will help me be the mother needed to have that not happen! God bless

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.