Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wednesday PE

Well, I'm up because Jack woke up and was very restless, so after finally getting him back to sleep, I am wide awake! What to do, what to do.....BLOG! Dishes can always wait. :)

I had to kind of take a break from the internet for a couple of days. Not a complete break, but I mostly just kept up with my email and stayed away as much as possible from blogs. I get sucked in too easily! So I am just now getting to the pictures from Wednesday. The kids ended up not going to AWANAS. That day was actually my birthday, so they stayed home and we just hung out together. It was fun!

Here they are in PE class. This was their 2nd time, and they totally love it! (I'm not really sure why some of the pictures look green!)

Thanks to my good friend Holly (also unschoolers), who also has a little boy who is not old enough for PE, Jacob always has something to play with. :)
They played this game with bowling pins and balls where everyone each got one pin each. The two teams had to try and knock each other's pins down while guarding their own. It was really interesting to see all the different strategies. Holly's daughter and Jayla paired up and would take turns. One would guard both pins while the other would go knock the other team's pins down with the ball. Clever! They played it safe while still being able to attack. They were a good team together and really trusted each other!

Jonathan chose to be on his own (he paired with Holly's older son last week) and preferred a more challenging approach. I even asked him later why he chose to be out in the middle of the court and he said he likes it to be more challenging. He did get out a lot faster, but he really enjoyed it! He said one of his teammates accidentally knocked his pin down again. LOL! 

Jayla is a very athletic girl, but she's very small. She couldn't really jump very far, but she had fun trying. :)

I'm not sure what she tells them at the end of class. They did play other games as well. One of their favorites is the "Bear" game where a few of the kids wear green targets and they are bears chasing everyone else. When someone gets tagged, they have to go to the middle and wait for another non-bear (not sure what they are called) to come get them out. I guess it's very similar to freeze tag only there are several people who are "it". Jayla was just DYING to be a bear this week, and they both got to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.