Thursday, September 18, 2008

Oh, great.

We're about to leave for our vacation soon, so we are trying to get a lot done this week. Jonathan is NOT a good helper around the house, unfortunately, so I thought that when he started whining and telling me he felt bad that he was just trying to get out of helping. (There have been a couple of cartoons on recently where the kids fake being sick so they can stay home from school. Gee, thanks for giving him that idea.)

First he told me he wasn't feeling well, then his tummy hurt, then he finally said he thought he had a fever. I was about fed up with it but thought to myself that if he really is sick and I just keep blowing him off, I would really feel bad. So I humored him and felt his head. He was burning up! I took his temp with a thermometer and it was 101.6, so I gave him some Tylenol.

So here  we are, about to leave on vacation, and Jonathan has a fever! These things usually only last 1 or 2 days, so he will probably feel fine by the time we leave, but if it's contageous, we could all have it while we are ON vacation! *GROAN*

Please pray for us; for our health, safe travels, great family memories, etc. If I don't get a chance to post again before we leave, I assure you I will have PLENTY to write about when we get home!


Oh, something cute Jacob said yesterday that I wanted to share. I was getting them all loaded up in the van to go to AWANAS and Myles was giving each of them one bar of his KitKat candy bar. He didn't say anything about it, he just gave it to them one at a time when they least expected it. (He likes to surprise them that way.) He gave one to Jacob and as we were closing the doors about to drive away, Jacob said "That was so thoughtful of Daddy!" It was sweet. He's finally just getting to where we can really understand almost everything he says and now he's using big words like that. :) A few weeks ago he was telling me about a dragon in a cartoon that was a "friendly dragon". The way he says 'friendly' was just too cute. I know, it's not as cute to everyone else, but I just had to put it on the blog! :)

4 comments:

  1. I hope he is feeling better and that no one else gets it.

    Have a nice vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's cute - about Jacob! poor Jonathan - I'll totally pray for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the way it always happens? ACK Sorry bout that.
    That little Jacob is so cute I could eat him up!!!! Sweet little baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you had a fun vacation in spite of everything!

    Tell us all about it when you are settled back at home.

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.