Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Funny sayings

Jacob is full of them these days. He's at that age where everything he says is funny, but he has no idea! Here are a few of them:

He loves to spit. The other day Jayla told on him, that he had spit on her. I just looked at him and he smiled really big and said, "No I didn't. Um, there was a boy, and he had a melon thing (watermelon), and those things inside (seeds), and he was spitting them. You know what I mean?" He had the hand gestures going and everything. I was actually laughing because it was so ridiculous. I controlled it though and simply told him not to lie and not to spit anymore. "Okay!" and that was it. I'm sure it will happen again, but he IS getting better about it! 

A few days ago I was showing the kids some pictures of a camp site where we will be staying on our vacation. We'll be staying at a church camp and will have a whole 10-bunk cabin to ourselves in the middle of the woods. It's going to be great! So I was showing them the pictures and telling them about it when Jacob, who could barely control his excitement, interrupted me and said "Can we go hunt some dinosaurs???" I started to laugh, but then said "Sure!" I mean, we may not find anything, but we can still have fun hunting them! :) 

One day recently he was hungry around 5 or 6 in the evening, and I was about to prepare supper anyway. I asked him what he wanted and he said, "Um, whatever you have!" I don't think he's ever told me that before. It was probably because I had just finished some ice cream. So I thought I'd tease him a little and I told him I was going to have a big salad....."Do you want a salad?" He replied, "No, I want pizza!" He had been asking for pizza ALL WEEK! I think he settled for a PB sandwich.

And one more for Jacob. They were all doing crafts earlier this week. They just had a lot of miscellaneous craft supplies and were being very creative. They had things like pipe cleaners, self-adhesive googly eyes, feathers, pom-poms and glue. A little while later, Jacob felt something on the back of his pants. He pulled it off and looked at me like he was mad that someone put it there and said "There was a EYE on my bottom!" What's even better though is that he did the exact same thing later that evening...another eye stuck on his bottom!

And one from Jonathan. He saw the picture I had posted of him on the side bar with the text "Our very own super hero!" He smiled sheepishly and said, "Oh, great, Mommy. You shouldn't have put that on there. Now everyone will expect me to save the world." I guess he's just OUR super hero. Sweet!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwww..... i thought Jonathan could clean faster than a speeding bullet. Well then, I guess I'll just have to let the boys play then instead. Shucks.

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.