Tuesday, September 9, 2008

S E P T E M B E R F E S T

Whew! Now that I've got a few "regular" readers, I've slowed down on blogging! HA! Well, I'll try to catch up tonight, or, um, this morning. I've got nearly 200 pictures from the weekend!

Septemberfest is an annual tradition in our family. We go every year and it keeps getting better and better! Which is why I think this year was kind of a let-down. We keep expecting bigger and better things, and there really wasn't anything bigger and better this year. In fact, the free pop the Boy Scouts served all day long, in two different stands, all tasted horrible, so I can honestly say that it really wasn't as fun or as memorable as last year. :( We did still have a good time though, don't get me wrong! Here are a few pictures of our day.

Here they are getting the opportunity to do something they rarely get to do since we homeschool.....wait in line!


Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy!


And this is what they waited in line for.....the EuroBungy Trampoline!!!!!! See Jonathan on the one in the background?


He's in the background here too!


Then I ran around to the other side and caught Jacob flying HIGH in the background! I was cracking up! He looks so tiny here!


Here is a close-up. He looks like he is bouncing higher than the rock-climbing wall!


And Jayla looks like she is standing on top of the tent. :)


Will she ever grow? :) Actually, she may be tiny, but she is quick and powerful!


I love it when Jonathan concentrates. The stick-out-the-tongue method always seems to help. He was twisting twine here to make a rope.


I will spare you the other 159 photos, but they did many other FREE activities such as milking a cow, playing on antique tractors and a very old steam engine, running through an obstacle course and other inflatables, listened to a storyteller, climb on a fire engine and played laser tag. Jacob actually got to play laser tag this year, but I had to go in with him. It was also Jayla's first time for this. They all loved it, even though they could barely hold up the gun!

We all got our fill of free food and drinks. The boys said that the hotdogs weren't really very good and even the ketchup was runny, but the whole wheat cinnamon rolls, chocolate milk, watermelon salsa and the peanuts (they usually make fresh peanut butter) were all delicious! We brought home all kinds of recipes, paper activities (coloring, crafts, etc.), advertisements for pumpkin patches, pick-your-own farms, etc. I've definitely got plenty of reading material to last a while!

Okay, here are a couple more pictures I just have to add. Jacob asked the man sitting by the steam engine how it worked. He very patiently told Jacob exactly how it worked, and Jacob listened politely to every word! Then later he asked the fireman if he could please ride on the fire fighter truck. :)


2 comments:

  1. I was sitting here with Lion Cub and looking at your picture. He goes oh there is Jaylob and Caleb. Meaning Jayla and Jacob. I thought that was hilarious.

    LOoks like a great time. We have only been once when Abby was a baby. Every year we plan on going and every year something happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like tons of fun! and reminds me that I think I forgot to blog about the state fair?! lol! what a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.