Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

We've had an interesting Thanksgiving day so far. All is good now, but early, early this morning Jack had another seizure! :( I was still awake, finishing up after baking some yummy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies....my favorite! I was about to head to bed when Jack woke up SCREAMING! I ran to check on him. He was still laying face-down, unable to move, and he had a fever. We just put 2 and 2 together and figured out he must have had another seizure.

So I had to mentally prepare for a long night and very little sleep. :) We were at the ER from about 2am until 5:15 or so, and he didn't get back to sleep until 4:45, just before we checked out, because there were just too many distractions. He has had a cold this past week too, but I thought he was nearly over it when he just developed this nasty cough that sounds really painful. :( So the diagnosis is Acute Bronchitis with a possible (because we didn't actually see it) febrile seizure. He didn't really seem too concerned about this being his 2nd seizure, I guess because it was again caused by a fast-rising temperature. If he hadn't had a fever, they would be much more concerned, I guess.

So we have decided to stay home today. We were a little bummed about it, but it's okay. We're still on for our own Thanksgiving dinner here at our house tomorrow with my mom. We're really looking forward to that! Afterward we plan to decorate for Christmas.

In the meantime, we will just bum around the house, watch football and cartoons, play games, eat those yummy cookies that I was going to take today......and just relax! It has been a trying year for our family, but we still have a lot to be thankful for! God is good!

1 comment:

  1. aww - where were you going? that's too bad, but probably a wise decision - poor little guy, hope he feels better soon! God bless

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.