Sunday, November 15, 2009

Not enough use of Scripture!

Wow, I am trying to do a study and some research on a specific topic, so I am searching for certain words and just skimming through articles. I am not interested in what other people are saying, only the Bible. It AMAZES me how very LITTLE Scripture there is in these articles! I am actually looking for verses on both sides of the issue, but I am going through page after page and seeing how both sides are using very little, if any (!!!!), and the rest of the text is their own interpretation of what they think the verse is saying, and most of it, on both sides, is taken out of context!

And we wonder why there is not unity in the Church today? It's because we don't refer to Scripture enough, but instead get our own opinion and interpretation out there WAAAAAAAAAY too much. We get in the way! The Bible can stand on its own!!! I have been guilty of this myself at times, but I recognize this so clearly now and want to include more bible references and less of my own words.


John 3:30 - HE must increase, but I must decrease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.