Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Birthday, Jacob!

My little man is FIVE today! Where does the time go? Jacob has sure been a huge blessing to me. He's my guy, my little toot (and he loves to express that too!). He is such a sweet boy. In fact, the other day he wanted to share his strawberries with everyone "because the bible says to share". And I have to say, he has always been the least likely of my kids to say something like this, so all this "bible thumping" I've done is paying off! Hehe! :)

Jacob loves to play with others, whether it is riding bikes, wrestling with his daddy or brother, jumping on the trampoline, playing with his trains or playing the Wii (which he is VERY good at!). He just loves life and loves to share his joy with others.

A few of his fears that I don't think I've put on the blog.....He has always been scared of loud noises, the dark and being left alone (like in the back bedroom or outside). He is learning to manage his fears and when he feels "safe" he will just giggle, but he has always had these fears since he was tiny. I just think it is interesting because Jack doesn't seem to be scared of anything! I think Jayla was the same way, and I can't remember about Jonathan. My brain won't go that far back!

He is NOT, however, scared to talk to strangers! I still have to watch him carefully and am constantly reminding him that it is okay when I am with him, but he can't just run off and talk to anyone! He loves to tell anyone who will listen about his pets, his family, his toys......whatever he is excited about at the time. Jayla was like that too but is much more reserved now, so he may grow out of it a bit as he understands people more.


This is my friend Mandie's little boy, Josh. He just turned 3, and he and Jacob love playing together!


This is becoming much more common. They love to wrestle, and surprisingly they do not get hurt as often as I expect! (Thankfully!) I hope these two always have a close bond.

Happy birthday, little man! You are SO loved and appreciated! And thank You God for blessing us with him. We are not worthy, but we are so grateful.

1 comment:

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.