Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm at it again!

Once again, I should be using more Scripture. This has been another interesting, controversial thread on Facebook, and I am not intentionally trying to start anything, I promise! I think that people are just closed to the Truth. They know what they believe, which is good, but they are not open to seeing that what they believe MIGHT be wrong according to the bible (they don't know why they believe it). Here is the thread so far: (I have changed my real name to my blog ID.)


TruthSeeker: wonders why people are so closed to the truth when it is right there in black and white? Pride? Probably. I've been there and still am if I'm not careful. Why not take the time to investigate for themselves while being OPEN to the possibility that the beliefs they have grown up with might actually be wrong?



TruthSeeker: Instead, most people (including me in the past) simply try to defend what they've always believed without considering the clear evidence saying it is not true. Wow, lots to ponder this morning.....I am sad, but I do understand since I was there myself. Investigate (in the Word)! Dig deeper! Honestly, it is right there in black and white, no reading between the lines allowed!

Brian: I experienced the same thing when we first were taught about the 5 Doctrines of Grace (T.U.L.I.P). I'm glad God was able to allow me to place aside what I was taught and see the truth that was right in front of me.

Sasha: maybe people have dug deep ... the Bible is, to some extent, open to interpretation - after all! By that I mean, it's not uncommon for the same verse to mean very different things to different people! Just sayin!

TruthSeeker: Sasha, I think that would be "application", not interpretation. There is only one way to interpret the language!

Brian, where did you study calvinism? It is a false teaching. We studied it in depth earlier this year and even agreed with it for a few weeks.....it sounded good. Until I came across some very clear verses that were so obviously contrasting the false doctrine. It's just another "ism". Be careful!

TruthSeeker: I should add.....Brian, that is good that you ARE open to the truth of God's word! Just dig deeper. Anyone can find verses to fit what they believe if they look hard enough, but they also overlook the verses that so clearly contradict their teaching. I saw it many times. I think that is what opened my eyes.

Layla: Man, I am SO not going there this morning! Just know that I love all my fellow Christians and let's keep our eyes on the One who saved us. It's not about winning debates but spreading the Good News. Now, I am going into a coma as I only had a couple hours of sleep last night (sick kid).

Billy: I don't remember what church you are going to TruthSeeker but I am deeply concerned for you. Believing there is a new testament mandate that forces us to have children because the old testament calls them a blessing is an "ism". Believing that holidays are evil is an "ism". I'm no proponent of Calvinism, but considering that predestination is mentioned specifically twice in the new testament, accusing people of being a "false teacher" for bringing it up is an "ism". I agree with your first post here but I would coincide it with this 2 Timothy 2:23 or else the Body of Christ becomes divided with our opinions.

Layla: Both "views" are in the Bible. Some things we won't understand until we get to Heaven. We need to trust in our loving and JUST Savior...now I'm done. ;)

TruthSeeker: I agree, Layla. It is not about winning or being right. I only want to believe what the bible says.

Billy, the verses about predestination....you should read more carefully. We are not predestined to a place, we have been predestined (or predetermined) to be like Christ. That is one major place where calvinists are misinterpreting Scripture.

I am not part of any denomination now, though I do go to a baptist church on Sundays.

Crystal: l
Why is Reformed Theology a false teaching? You do realize without it we would all still be catholic and worshiping Mary right now?

Calvinism is not a religion, it is a summary of Biblical Christianity as defined by Martin Luther who started the Protestant Reformation. So if you are not Roman Catholic, than you may not want to attack the very theology that freed us from the bonds of Rome.

TruthSeeker:
I respectfully disagree. Even back then there were a few who held fast to the truths of God's word and did not follow the reformation.

Crystal: So you are saying that you are rejecting the Protestant Reformation, so that all Protestants who have come afterward are in error?

TruthSeeker: Only in some things, not everything. I choose to follow the bible, not what men have written down in creeds, statements of faith, catechisms, etc. If they are based on the Word of God, then why bother using them? Let's just look at the Bible! ;)

Now I am in no way comparing myself to Jesus or even the disciples, but this verse describes exactly how I am feeling right now.
Matt. 10:14
And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.

Everyone is taking my words and twisting them just to argue. What I find very ironic is that no one has yet been able to prove any statements I have made to be false, they just simply want to argue with me and tell me I have been exposed to false teachings. The funny thing is, I haven't been exposed to anything other than the bible. I have asked for wisdom and for the Holy Spirit to reveal His truth to me. I am one of the very few people, at least in my life, who does not read a bunch of man's books or creeds, statements of faith, catechisms, etc. I simply read the bible, and yet, I am wrong? Hmmm.....

I do know that the more I learn, the more I realize how LITTLE I truly know, which is why I am so burdened to get the Truth out to Christians everywhere. Satan is winning the battle (but praise God, we know he won't win the war), and Christians are going down the wrong roads! God's Truth in His Word is burning in my bones, and I cannot be quiet! But, I do need to "shake the dust off my feet", so to speak, because obviously no one is open to the Truth there. I guess I should expect that since most of them are baptist and I grew up with those beliefs. *sigh*

Jeremiah 20:9
Then I said, “I will not make mention of Him, Nor speak anymore in His name.” But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.

WAKE UP, PEOPLE! IF YOU HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, ASK FOR WISDOM AND READ GOD'S WORD FOR YOURSELF!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.