Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Jack-Jack!

I just can't believe it! Today my baby is two years old! He's been through a lot in his short life so far, but he is doing very well right now and is such a sweet boy. He truly lights up the room when he walks in. :) He has brought a smile to my face and pulled me out of my grumpiness many times!

I thought I'd take the opportunity to record some milestones. He has been walking now for 5 months. He is much more stable now, but he still doesn't have the best balance. :) He doesn't really fall very often though, he just stumbles a lot and almost falls. He has also started running recently. He has tried in the past, but he is actually getting some speed up now!

He also LOVES to dance! I hope we can get him into some kind of dance class when he is a little older, but for now he just dances freestyle......or Jack style! I've got to get a video of it because it is so stinkin' funny! I'll try that tomorrow when he's dancing to the worship band in the church service. :) He also still loves to drum, but he has lightened up on that a bit and loves to move his whole body more to the music. He does still love drumming though, as you can see in the video I recently posted! When it comes to music, he will also sway his body and sing......SO CUTE! He is definitely my muscially-inclined child out of the four!

Jack also has a whopping 8 teeth now and is working on a couple more. I haven't been able to get a picture yet, but if you ask him to show you his teeth, he smiles really weird so you can see all of them! It is so funny!

I'm not sure of his exact height and weight, but he's got to be close or right at 30 pounds now. He will NOT follow me when we go out somewhere, so I still have to carry him a lot. He really won't follow me though! I don't understand! He will pull on me or will just hang, so I have to bribe him with a sucker or a drink to get him to follow me or else I have to carry him. :) What a stinker! I've had to use the mei tai a couple of times recently, and it was a lifesaver!!!! (Or I guess more of a back saver. Ha!) In fact, he is in the mei tai in the picture above!

Talking! He still doesn't say a whole lot of words that the average person can understand, but he will imitate just about anything. He says his B's really well, so those words are more clear. I just tried to get him to say "water" a bit ago, and he kept putting a B on the front. :) He does have a few words he says, but you have to really pay attention because, even for me, they are hard to understand right now. I mostly recognize repeat sounds and not so much words necessarily. But he does continue to add to his vocabulary daily!

There is much more to my little Baby Jack-Jack, but these are the milestones I really wanted to record here. He is growing so fast, too fast for Mommy! Happy birthday, Peanut! We all love you so much!

Forever In Blue Jeans

2 comments:

  1. I still remember learning he was born, I was in Albuquerque (and we're headed there in a week - lol)! The time goes so fast, it's so wonderful to see him growing and progressing so wonderfully - he is a beautiful little boy! I LOVE that picture of him and you - it's awesome! Happy belated Birthday Jack! God bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Jack-Jack!!!!!!!! I STILL say he is PERFECT! We love you, Jack! BTW- GREAT picture with Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.