Sunday, April 18, 2010

Jayla update

Jayla is going to be 8 years old in just a few weeks! She's still a tiny thing, and she is so very sweet and has such a servant's heart! Now, she does have her bossy moments as she tries to "mother" her brothers, but most of the time she gets along with everyone very well and plays nicely with them. She is such a helpful person too, always asking what else she can do!

Jayla is also in karate and PE and she is still in dance class. It is nearing time for the annual recital. The theme this year is Peter Pan, so the first 45-ish minutes will be a Peter Pan ballet! I'm so glad she is just in the first (of three) parts so we can leave early! She always does so well. In fact, she is scared to death to speak in front of a crowd, but she does not hesitate to dance or even sing in front of a crowd!

Speaking of singing, she has been invited back to the church I used to go to in my single days for the Mother/Daughter banquet to sing a solo! Remember our duet 3 years ago when I was HUGE because I was pregnant with Jack, and she started giggling and totally messed me up for the rest of the song? Well, they asked HER to come back and not ME! Hahahahaha!!!! I think it's great though, and I'm kind of done with that anyway, so I'm excited that she will be doing solos now! :) I will definitely post a video. She will be singing one of my very favorite songs from when I was a kid, "I Am A Promise"! Great song, and she sings it so well. :) The banquet will be on the last day of this month.

Jayla has always seemed to have incredible faith and asks the most brilliant questions. The ones I remember right now I shouldn't post on here, but her faith and her love for others and for God just amaze me. I pray that she will continue to grow in that. In fact, we have been just reading or playing the bible on CD lately. It's not a substitute for studying or memorizing, but we know that ".....faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Rom. 10:17) So we just need to HEAR God's word as much as possible and it will build our faith! It has been so great! It is leading into deeper bible studies and memorization for all of us!!

Back to Jayla, she is becoming quite the little home maker! She knows how to wash dishes, do laundry, clean just about any room and is learning to cook a few things. She finally told me today that she hates doing laundry. Ha! Join the club! She doesn't complain too much though. :)

She just got herself a "new" bike that is the same size as Jonathan's, but the seat is lower. She is still trying to adjust to it, but she loves it and wants to ride all the time. She also still loves to run a lot too. They are really looking forward to the Homeschool Olympics coming up very soon!

Oh, Jayla is also excelling in reading lately! She has struggled for a while now and has not really progressed much at all in the last two years or so. We decided she might be dyslexic, at least a mild form of it, so we have read a couple of books and are using some manipulatives, and something has finally "clicked" for her! She's doing so well now! It also helps that Grandma (my mom) is coming up once a week for "reading lessons". She loves it! :)

I'm sure there is more about each kid.....I need to jot this all down on the computer and then just copy and paste it when I'm out! That would make it much faster, and I wouldn't forget as much! I'll have to start doing that, but for now I need to say good night. I will write about the rest of us next time, hopefully tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. wow - she could teach my nine year old some lessons, it sounds like, in cleaning - lol! sounds like she's an absolute sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.