Saturday, January 17, 2009

Raw recipes we like

I haven't made these in a while, but my kids loved these when I made them regularly. I had to search for the black tar recipe and couldn't remember the name of it at first, so I wanted to get them on here for future reference. Both of these are by Juliano, but the nutmilk recipe is pretty generic and common.

Black Tar
(Tastes just like chocolate syrup except it’s way better!)
In a blender place:
3 cups maple syrup
2/3 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. Vanilla Extract (optional)
1 cup raw carob powder
Blend well and enjoy!

Nut Milk
1 cup favorite soaked nuts (almond, walnut, cashew, Brazil nut, macadamia, pine nut, etc.)
3 cups water
A few drops of almond or vanilla extract (optional-to taste)
Approx. 1 tsp. of maple syrup (optional-to taste)
Blend 2 minutes or until creamy. Chill well. Stain if perfect smoothness is desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.