Thursday, January 7, 2010

It's COLD!!!!!

I am actually a little hot as I am sitting here typing and everyone is sound asleep. We have the hallway blocked off to trap the heat in the bedrooms (space heaters), because when it gets this cold outside and WINDY, we don't have much of a choice! So this is what we did today to keep warm.....

Laid on my bed and watched TV.


Laid on my bed and watched TV and played games on the laptop.


I just realized Jayla is hugging her bear in this picture. I love it! She has had that bear for 7 years now. It was her first best friend and she was devastated when we couldn't find her for a couple of years! You should have seen her face when we found her again, just a few weeks ago! :)

And where was Jack? Well, he was all over the place, but when I was taking pictures, he was playing on Jonathan's bed.


Jacob was wanting his picture taken today for some reason. I'll take advantage of it while I can!


And this is our pet Ball Python named Striker. The cat doesn't like him much. I think she actually struck at him right after I snapped this!


Okay, so that's really not all we did. Once it warmed up in the rest of the house, not much but enough to live in, they also played the Wii and read some books.We don't have any tables in the bedrooms, so it is really hard to do much writing or drawing or any kind of craft. One of the cartoons they watch though is a sign language cartoon. I like it. They have a theme each day, like "teamwork", and then they repeat certain signs several times while they are acting. It is called Dr. Wonder's Workshop. Their web site has a couple of little teaching games as well! Jack is still difficult to understand verbally, but he sure has caught on that he can communicate more clearly with signs, so he signs a lot now! If he doesn't know the sign, he'll sign "ball" and nod his head like he's asking us if we understand. So cute! After watching this show yesterday, he keeps signing "team" now. :)

All in all it has been a pretty boring day, for me, at least. I want to do something fun and creative, but we are limited being stuck in the bedrooms all day, and I don't want to get us out in the weather to go somewhere! I totally believe they can learn great things from TV and computer and games (which is why we are very picky about what they watch and play), but they can't spend ALL their time doing those things! This will pass soon though and we'll be doing different things again. It is already time to start planning a garden, and that is something I want them to be involved in. I guess we can start planning now, then as soon as the zero degree temps go away, maybe we can dig around in the dirt! :)

Oh, one more picture I have to post. My sweet hubby with Jacob and Jack. :) I love his beard, don't you?


2 comments:

  1. 1st off-Yes to the beard. It looks great on him. :-)
    2nd -the teddy bear. Savannah has a teddy bear too that actually started with Sarah. Sarah had this bear since she was 3 or 4 and then it was passed on to Savannah. We had to take it on our trip to the state of WA and it was forgotten in a hotel so we called. They found it and we went way out of route on the way home just to reunite Bear Bear and Savannah. :-)
    lastly-we too are excited about planning out our garden & have been making notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK..... well I will NEVER be visiting your house!!!!!!!! Not with Striker........ I can't believe you have that in your house...wait....i'm remembering a previous blog about snakes,,,,
    your CRAZY!!

    Jamie:)

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.