Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm still here and am about to start blogging regularly again!!!!

I've had some people ask me if I have stopped blogging. First of all, thank you! That makes me feel very special, though I know you really just want to see pictures of my adorable kiddos, right? :)


Good news then! I just received my new camera in the mail today!!! I chose this particular one (pictured above) because of the reviews on the picture quality, and so far I am very pleased with it. It is all ready to go, so I will be uploading new pictures of the kids very soon, and maybe even a couple of Myles and me. Maybe.

So I just wanted to let everyone know, and I will hopefully get caught up here soon. Post a comment and let me know how you are doing these days!

Also, for those asking about my new blog (split off from this one), if you send me your email address I will send you the link. It is a blog about things I am studying in the bible, and a lot of it is devoted to things that I have believed most of my life, as many other Christians have and still do, that I understand to be false teachings now, based on my current understanding of God's word. I am always learning and growing and seeing new things in the Bible that I have not understood before, so my understanding may change again from what it is now, but praise God, His word never changes and HE never changes! God is the biggest part of my life -- He IS my life and my whole reason for living -- but the reason I separated the content into another blog is just because it was bringing a lot of controversy, which is fine if it helps open people's eyes to the truth, but I wanted the other everyday family/kid stuff that is not spiritually-themed to be in a non-controversial place of its own, so after a lot of difficult deliberation, I decided to move certain posts over to a new blog. So send me your email if you are interested in reading it and studying the bible along with me! :)

Oh, Jack had another seizure, the Saturday before Christmas, which happened to be my mom's birthday. A quick summary.....this was his 4th one, and they seem to be worse and last longer each time. :( They have all been brought on (I think) by a fever, but there is absolutely no warning at all! If we can figure out why his fever rises so fast, hopefully we can find a way to fix that. For now he is on anti-seizure meds. He is still seeing the geneticist and is about to see a neurologist for further testing (everything so far seems normal). One thing the geneticist asked us on his last appointment is if Jack sweats at all. That can be one of the symptoms of several different syndromes, but I hadn't really thought of it before then. I don't think he does, or at least not as much as he should, so we'll look into that as a possible reason he is having this issue with fevers. If that is the reason, I just hope and pray there is something that can be done to fix the problem and not just throw drugs at him for who knows how long. I'm not the type of person who is satisfied until I have a *reason* for what is happening!

Leave me a comment, and watch for pictures soon. I'm back! ;)

2 comments:

  1. SO glad you're back! ;)

    I don't get to comment much, but I'm just about to post on my blog so I thought I'd read the others first. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a good New Year! Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st of all, let me say "HOORAY" I am glad you are back. It felt like I was talking to myself on here.
    :-)
    2nd please send me the link for your other blog as I am currently reading my way through the Bible one day at a time. I am working on the read the Bible in a year process and making it my own Bible study along the way.
    Last but not least..I am sorry to hear about Jack Jack. So when you snuggle with him and a blanket and he falls asleep you don't move him and find a big sweat spot on the pillow or your chest or anything?? like I do with both boys? I guess that would make sense then, his inability to sweat and quickly escalating fever. I pray for an answer soon for you all. Hugs from the country. :-D

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.