Sunday, August 12, 2012

My guy, Jacob!

McKinnis Photography: Myles & Cindy Family 2012
If this guy just knew how CRAZY I am about him!!!!

Jacob will be 8 in November, and he is getting so big! He is just beginning his 2nd year in Cub Scouts and LOVES it. I think it makes him feel "big" and gives him a sense of responsibility. I love that the Scout motto, "Do your best", has really helped him at home too.

Jacob still loves to play with Legos, and he really takes it seriously. It is almost time for the county fair again, and he has made several different models that he wants to enter. He won first place last year, so he is aiming for it again! We'll have to look at the other categories too. He loves to build just about anything, so I'm sure he will want to enter as many categories as possible!

I can't convince Jacob to dance for Sukkot. He danced AT Sukkot last year with the large crowd of believers dancing during the worship time. He and Jonathan discovered that they really enjoy dancing (but don't like to admit it) during the children's dance classes. (Jayla was actually bored in that one!) But apparently he has forgotten how much fun it is, so I guess he won't be doing the children's dance in the production this year. Hopefully next year! He is definitely excited about Sukkot though, and getting to see his friends again from last year! He is such a social little guy and easily makes friends with literally anyone. He has a friend in the neighborhood who he enjoys hanging out with in his driveway (where I can see them), searching for rocks, shooting arrows, things like that.

Jacob is such a great brother. Even though he is "stuck" in the middle, he makes the best of any situation. I think he's got a great position, actually, because he can choose to play with younger OR older siblings, and he's got two of each! He is your typical middle child in many ways. I joke that he is "that 3rd child" because my husband and I are also the third out of four, and we all have very similar characteristics, some good and some not so good. :) Jacob sure can be ornery, but since I am too, that is one thing I kinda like about him. Example: at least three times this past week, when he first woke up, he came and turned his back to me and FARTED. Yep, that's my boy! LOL! I had taught him a couple of years ago how to fake burp, even though I can't do it myself. He's probably one of the best I've heard! Little stinker! He loves it too, he claims other people's farts just for a laugh! What a kid! Sometimes I'm not sure I really want to claim him, but I just love him too much. :)

1 comment:

  1. sounds like he'd really get along with my Jericho - too bad we don't live close :c

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.