Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lesson Learned!

Whether I have been right or wrong in the past, I can see now how I was so offensive to some people in previous years. These last couple of days I have dealt with a woman who is new to the Torah, so she still has a very Christian mindset. Though she seems to have a lot of things *right*, she is not open to correction and drives things into the ground, repeating things over and over and over as if I didn't hear her the first time. She feels the "need" to assure me that her intentions are pure, and that she is speaking in love. She has tried to help me understand that sometimes she can't NOT say anything.

Wow. Sounds just like me about two years ago! Oopsie! So glad I'm not like that anymore, though I am still growing (and always hope to be learning and growing more). Now that the shoe is on the other foot, I can see how it must have been so annoying!

So if you were one of those people who was annoyed by me, I am sorry! Please show me grace and forgiveness as I continue to grow. And for what it's worth, I've learned to just let people believe what they want to believe, 'cause they're going to anyway. ;) I am passionate about certain things, but you are welcome to disagree, and I won't try to change you!

Okay, so I admitted I have been annoying. You can stop laughing now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.