Monday, April 30, 2012

This Is How We Brew It!

Our family has not been sick at all in about a year. The only symptoms we've had are the youngest two boys having *slightly* runny noses, a couple of the kids had a very mild cough for a day or two......and that's all I can think of! Even through those mild symptoms though, no one has felt bad, but we have been able to continue all normal daily activities. We  have been very blessed!

Oh, I just remembered, there was a couple of days that Jack started coughing, not often, but hard. It seemed to be Pertussis coming back (he got it bad in the summer of '10), but our Naturopathic Doctor had us take a homeopathic remedy, and it was GONE in less than 24 hours. Seriously. I highly recommend her, even if you do not live close.....she can still help you!

Right after Joe was born (he is 17 months old now), we were all sick for two months straight, and then off and on still for a while. I think there are many factors as to why we have been healthier; we moved to the country, we are eating better (more whole, organic, raw, higher fat and protein), we are following Scriptural guidelines for eating "clean".

We also us Young Living essential oils and brew our own probiotic drinks. YHWH's ways are MUCH better than our own! HalleluYAH!

Always changing......From left to right: 2nd ferment water kefir (I'm buying brewing jars in a couple of days), quart jar beside it is a batch of water kefir that is WAY too fermented and will be used for cleaning/fabric softener/hair conditioner, 1st ferment of water kefir (see grains at the bottom?), Kombucha in the corner, two jars of milk kefir and on the far right is milk kefir getting a 2nd ferment with some strawberries. That was YUMMY!!! I don't care for it if it is super sour, but I thought it was nice. My kids added just a little Sweat Leaf Stevia to it though.

I had the lids just sitting loosely on top, of the jars that have cultures in them, but now they are covered with a cloth and rubber band so the cultures can breathe better. I had so much water kefir grains that were sent to me back in December from my Raw Mom, that I just gave away about 3 cups of them yesterday, and I still have more to give! I love her photos and instructions on how she makes her own kefir. You can read about it here, here and here. She has been very successful, so if you are just beginning, her method (which always changes slightly) is a great place to start.

Happy brewing, and good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.