Saturday, November 27, 2010

Welcome, Little Joe!!!!

The newest addition to our family, Little Joe, arrived via c-section on Friday morning, November 26th. This was just hours after Thanksgiving, our little "Black Friday baby". He was such a chunky thing that we have referred to him a few times as our own little Butterball turkey! :)

He's a handsome little big guy! I am about as sore as I expected, but we are both doing great. Here are some photos from yesterday and today, in no particular order:
 My wonderful friend, Rachel, who kept the other four kids for us for two nights!!! Brave woman!
 Another good friend, Valerie. She got to see him for his very first "alert" time, as he was wide awake and looking around nearly the whole time she was there!
 Valerie's daughter

 My good friend, Bethany, and 4 of her 5 children. Such a precious family!
The photographer who came in did very simple photos much like these two shown here. I basically reconstructed what she did and took some with my own camera. I may take more later.....I just don't see the sense in buying a few pictures in a "package" that costs $100 when I can do something similar for almost free!

 Grandma trying to get him to burp!

Jayla just had to get this picture of him with both eyes open!
 First bath, while Mommy was recovering from surgery.
 Right after delivery.
 Also shortly after delivery. He was very splotchy at first, but it mostly cleared up in a few hours.
 Our first family snap shots with Little Joe!

 I really hate being in pictures, but it is a must! At least every couple of years, right?
 Jack held him for a while and did not want t give him up!
 All of the kids are totally smitten with their little brother!

 I had to get a picture of him crying!
 My good friend, Mandie, and her son.....so sweet!
 Jacob just can't get enough of him!
Our good friends, David and Amy. Such precious people!
Jonathan, totally in love with this baby! I need to get more pics of him.

I literally cannot keep my eyes open, so I'm sure there is a lot I am forgetting, and I can't imagine the typos I am missing. I want to get this posted so I can share......I will add more tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures. You have a beautiful family and wonderful friends. Your daughter is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blessing!!! Congratulations on your big, healthy, precious little baby! ~Denise

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.