Friday, October 15, 2010

Homemade swings!!!

My children made these swings all by themselves! We didn't even know they were making them until they came in feeling dizzy. :) I checked to make sure they were safe enough, and they do look to be pretty safe, actually! I talked to them about what to watch for (mostly not sticking their head where it can get caught! Yikes!), but otherwise they looked pretty safe to me. The cables they used are for very large dogs (which we hardly ever used), so they should hold plenty of weight. I didn't get a picture of the knots/ties Jonathan used up in the tree, but he is sure putting his knot-tying skills that he learned in Cub Scouts to good use!


I ended up getting several pics of Jacob because he is such a clown!

This was all on purpose, he didn't get hurt at all!

He gets out of trouble a lot because I can't help but laugh!

See? Look at that face! What a nut! lol

Jayla has always LOVED swings!

I love the spacing.....close, but not too close!



2 comments:

  1. How cute are those swings! I would love one like that. What creative kids.

    I love your header photo, too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Those swings look like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.