Saturday, October 30, 2010

Feeling crafty?

I've been wanting to look up some "how-tos", so I thought I'd take some time to put a lot of links into one blog post.

First, I have been intending to get some PVC pipes for the kids to just play with. They are very inexpensive and so much fun to build things with, so there is now a reminder on my phone to get some in a few days. Here are some links I found on making toys and crafts out of PVC.

Rola Bola (this site is so cute!)
Train whistle (definitely doing this one!!)
Pipe flute (lots of how-tos to pick from on this one!)
Rackets (genius!)
Baby/toddler toy to lay under (definitely need to do this too for our new baby!!)
A smaller version of the toy rack
Toddler parallel bars by the same people....genius!
Deluxe Kid Wash (been meaning to make this for a while!)
Super soaker guns, and guns of all types!
Marshmallow gun (how-to video.....this is a really cool gun, and I think the guy is funny!)

This site has lots of homemade toy ideas! (where I got the marshmallow gun video) Some of my favorites are Checkers, Mancala, swings, puppets, play-dough and sorting toys!

We have also had a TON of fun making our own hula hoops! They are super easy and very inexpensive, and they last for years!!!

Since I posted my eHow link, here are a couple of other how-to articles I posted on things we have also done in the past and loved!
Jump ropes out of nylon loops

And speaking of nylon loops, this is a very inexpensive book that has quite a few really cute crafts in it using nylon loops or plastic laces.


One more....here are some fun science experiments to try!


I need to stop there for now. There is just so much that it will take all day! I think we will be making a lot of these in the next few days and weeks ahead. I will be sure to post pictures of all our creations!

1 comment:

  1. wow that is a LOT of links. going to need to look a them. especially since i think i may need a hula hoop for a certain project for sophia's birthday

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.