Saturday, September 5, 2009

Kids' workshops

I think this one was at Home Depot. They do one a month and Lowe's does two a month, so check them out. They are free and the kids gain a little knowledge and confidence and get to keep what they make!

Everything seems easier when you stick your tongue out! Jayla only needed minimal help (some of the screws were tight and a couple of the pieces were confusing).


He was more interested in the cookies and punch. I pretty much did the whole thing for Jacob, but he didn't mind as long as he was free to go get more refreshments!


Jonathan did his completely on his own! He is getting very good at reading and following instructions!



I was actually impressed with the quality of these message boards. The kids love having their own board to write on. This was our first time for going to Home Depot, but we have been to Lowe's a few times. They will let younger children do them as well, so if you have little ones, go ahead and sign them up! Myles stayed home with Jack this particular day, but Jack has participated before. Oh, and get there a few minutes early just in case they run out (yes, even if you register), but usually it's not a problem.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's FREE! I definitely need to check into this ... we have Home Depot(s) here! I always end up forgetting about this stuff though :( That looks like an awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure looks fun. I wonder if they do that here in the east.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure that ALL of the Home Depot and Lowe's stores do, so check it out! You can get more info on their web sites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah this is the Home Depot one not the Lowe's one because I have pic's of Savannah and Ryan on my blog too, lol. They did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.