Thursday, March 22, 2007

Recycling wool sweaters

I'm preparing for baby in a few months. I bought ten sweaters that are 100% wool at a thrift store last weekend for a total of $15.00! If I were to buy a brand new cloth diaper or diaper cover, it would cost at least that much for one!

So, I am going to recycle them into soakers! I got several different colors and patterns, and I should be able to make 2 out of each sweater. That will give me all the wool soakers I need in different sizes, and if I decide I have too many, I can always sell the extras.

This web site is really inspiring. She makes some really cute clothing from old wool sweaters. You can also see what a soaker looks like if you have no idea. This is such a great way to save money and recycle while being gentle on your baby's bum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.