Friday, October 6, 2006

Straw bale house

Last Saturday I went to help the lady with the strawbale house. Honestly I didn't do much at all. It was a little unorganized in the beginning, but once there was some organization with one person clearly in charge, the bales went up so fast! They were able to complete it on Sunday. By the time I had left on Saturday there were only 3 sections (a few feet each) done.

Here are just some misc. pictures from the day (taken with my cell phone). I didn't get there in time to help unload the bales, but I was glad that I didn't have to stand around too long. I still stood around for a while though. The kids had a great time playing in the sand pile. My guess is that they won't be able to do that tomorrow because we'll be using it to mix the cob for the walls. I am SO excited about tomorrow! Jonathan and Jayla will be with me, so I will definitely get lots of pictures. :)

The man in the orange is Norman, the "straw boss", and he has his own strawbale house. You can read about it and see pictures at this site. The teenager in the orange shirt is the owner's grandson, so he'll be in that house a lot. He was a good worker. His grandma suggested he may have been showing off for Norman's daughter. LOL! The man with the camera was with Channel 9 News! I left shortly after he arrived, so I didn't make it on the news (ah, rats). The lady he is talking to is the owner.
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.