Sunday, October 8, 2006

Another work weekend at the straw house!

I really wanted Myles to come work on the strawbale house with me, but he *had* to watch "the game" instead. I wasn't too upset in the end because we ended up not doing any of the plastering, which is really what I wanted him there for. His team ended up losing though, so either way I don't think he would have had a good day. LOL!

I took Jonathan and Jayla with me expecting to work in the mud. Jonathan was given a choice of watching football with Daddy or "playing" in the mud. He wanted to do both, but he chose to come with me. It was cute....he acted like he didn't want to hurt Daddy's feelings. :)

My good friend, Bethany, came out with her kids. They couldn't stay very long because one of the twins was having a bad day. :( I was glad she got to come out for a bit though and see the project for herself. The kids had a great time playing in the sand, and my kids didn't even do anything to help until after they had left.

So we ended up not doing much at all. The clay was soaking, but we never used any. :( They still had a little bit of "fill" work to do on the straw first, so we tied flakes together and stuffed them in holes. The kids helped a little, but in all honesty, they mostly just *felt* like they were helping and didn't really do much good. :) I tied some knots for them, and they tied some flakes together. Actually Jayla just tied a bunch of straw off the ground in a bundle. Well, actually, she didn't even tie it, she just threaded one end through the loop in the other end! :) Jonthan did fine, his just weren't tight enough. I really tried to encourage them though, because I felt like they did their best and want them to always do their best. I think they walked away feeling proud of what they had done, and that is what I was hoping for. :)


Doesn't this look fun? :)



This is the front wall that can be seen from the road.



I was SO glad I had put the bandana on Jayla's head. Bethany's girls had tons of sand in their hair!
















I got a picture of *me* so that Myles wouldn't complain. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.