Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gluten-free, grain-free cheese sticks!

I made up this recipe and may tweak it some more, but I love it so far. These were really, really yummy!

Warning if you follow this recipe......I don't always measure things exactly, so this is just close to what I did. Make any adjustments you feel necessary. And note, if you use too much Parmesan cheese it will be too salty!

1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup flaxseed meal/flour
2 tsp (or less) Parmesan cheese
1 tsp parsley flakes
1/4 tsp salt

Be sure to freeze your cheese sticks at least several hours in advance. We used cheddar cheese, but I'm sure mozzarella would be great too.

Mix all of these ingredients together in one dish and put some scrambled eggs in another dish. Dip the cheese sticks in eggs, then flour mixture, then eggs a second time, then flour mixture a second time. Fry in oil of your choice (I used coconut oil) for about 5 minutes or so. Let cool and enjoy! YUM!

These would be so great with marinara sauce, but I haven't found a recipe I like yet. If you have a good one, please put it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.