Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My boys have TWO mommies!


My sweet 8-year-old is pretty typical, I suppose. She is my only girl, and most girls I know are "bossy" and often times can be over-attentive to younger siblings. She follows through and makes sure everyone does what I tell them to do, or what she thinks they should be doing. She tattles on anyone for anything. I am constantly having to reminder her that SHE is NOT the mom. Mostly she just needs a reminder every so often, but there have been a couple of times when we had to scold her pretty good for crossing WAY over the line.

But the bright side of it is, she is going to be such a great, loving and nurturing mother someday! She loves to hold babies and sing to them, especially her own baby brothers. She has put Joe to sleep many times, even without a pacifier! She will hold him, swing him in her arms, wear him in the carrier, tell him she loves him....it is all so very sweet!




She's even getting good at multi-tasking!
(playing X-box Kinect while holding Joe)

And it's always a blast to dress a live baby doll!
(she picked these clothes out herself)

Last night as we were walking out the door to go somewhere, she asked if she could carry Joe out to the car. Since that left me to carry everything else, she made sure I got it all! "Don't forget diapers! And did you get his pacifier? What about his blanket?"

Yep, that girl is going to be a pro at this very soon! In the meantime, we need to remind her that it is not her duty to make sure her 6-year-old brother keeps his nose on the wall when he is in trouble, or tell her 3-year-old brother to "dry it up!" when he cries from not getting his way! If she sticks to kissing owies, reading books and singing to them, she'll be just fine!

1 comment:

  1. that's so sweet ... and I can totally relate! my oldest is always trying to "punish" the boys and is the biggest tattle tale EVER! but she sure does love her baby sister!

    ReplyDelete

Please respectfully share your own passionate thoughts.